Pages

Monday 17 June 2013

Review: Bourjois Express Eye Make Up Remover

Hello lovelies,

I've only used one other eye make up remover before. It was a cream based remover from M&S and the day they stopped making it, I was heartbroken. Once I ran out of my stockpile, I was onto looking for a new eye make up remover. I was um-ming and ah-ing, then I was recommended the Bourjois dual phase eye make up remover by a friend so picked it up.

 

Bourjois only make one eye make up remover being this one and in one size. Value wise, I think it's a good price for the amount of product you get, I've been using the bottle I have for the last 4-5 months and I'm only about half way through. The bottle contains two liquids which you have to shake up and down to bind and I'm assuming this creates some sort of chemical reaction. My only issue is that the liquids separate quickly and you find yourself having to shake the bottle again.

The packaging declares the product to be non greasy. I don't know who tested this but it definitely leaves a oily residue. I don't know whether I'm oversensitive to the residue just because I've only just a cream cleanser before that wiped off but it must have some sort of oil in it. It annoys me slightly that they claim the product is non greasy and that one of the liquids must be oil based! Oil is the best agent to remove dirt and make up. I can cope with the greasy residue as I do find the remover effective, it doesn't remove with one wipe, I find I have to hold the cotton wool pad over my eye and then wipe several times. If you use waterproof mascara, this has no problem at getting through it.


I have a slight moan about the packaging, I really don't like it. It's plastic and flimsy plastic for that matter, there's a little knob on the top which you use to open the lid, mine broke off after probably two weeks use. I now have to stick my nail between the lid and the bottle and pull it open. Once it's open, there is a small hole on top where the remover comes out, you have to pop your cotton wool pad on top and turn the bottle over. I have had several spillages as you can't see how much is coming out. Although the bottle is transparent, it doesn't help, you just can't see how much product is coming out.

I hate being negative about a product but I'll finish this and won't be buying it again. I usually get on with Bourjois products but this really disappointed me, it was far too greasy and too much effort!

However, if you are still considering buying it, you can purchase a 500ml bottle for £4.99 from Boots
Can you recommend me a non greasy alternative?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...