Pages

Sunday 16 June 2013

Review: The Body Shop Candle in Jasmine and White Frangipani

Hello lovelies,

I've always adored The Body Shop. I like their ethos and it's always been somewhere I can go and peruse and see what's new. I have often bought body butters and skincare but somehow had never spotted their home fragrance range. I love lighting a candle when I'm having a pamper evening, it just completely changes the ambiance.


I spotted their range of candles online and put in an order, I bought 4 candles but unfortunately two arrived broken. The Body Shop were fantastic, they just sent replacements straight out.

The Body Shop Jasmine and White Frangipani Candle is made from Fair Trade Soya containing essential oils. The candle is both paraffin free and uses an unbleached cotton wick which gives off a gorgeous soft scent. It really carries the fragrance throughout the room as it's burning and when it's not, you catch a waft of scent.


I have to say that all the candles I burn end up tunneling and this one did too. I think in the right hands it would burn properly. I read to avoid tunneling, you must allow the candle to burn for several hours, the pool of melted wax needs to reach the edge of the jar before you blow the candle out. If the melted wax doesn't meet the edge of the jar, it will create a ring around the wick and next time you burn the candle, the wax will only melt as far as the ring and the wick begins to tunnel down the centre of the candle.


I can't find an approximate burning time for these candles but I'm guessing around 20 hours from my use so far. 

I can't wait to try the Aloe and Soft Linen Candle. These candles are available online and in-store from The Body Shop for £10.

Have you tried any of The Body Shop's Candles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...