Pages

Sunday 16 June 2013

Review: Apivita Express Beauty Green Clay Mask

Hello lovelies,

In the UK, I don't think Apivita are that well known as a brand, so I'll just start by explaining who they are.

Apivita were Greece's first natural skincare brand in 1979 and since then have launched several products and spread across 12 countries. Apivitas' ethos is to be friendly as possible to your skin and the environment. All their products are free from parabens, silicones and propylene glycol (the naughty stuff!).




Now I spotted these in the M&S Beauty Hall, and knew nothing at all about the brand. The sleek packaging 
appealed to me and my skin was being a nightmare so I'd picked up a sachet. The Apivita Express Beauty Green Clay Mask is designed to cleanse the skin as the green clay deeply penetrates the pores removing excess oil and dirt, eliminating and preventing blackheads.

Although I have combination skin, I find clay masks can sometimes be too drying, sucking all the moisture out of the skin. What really sold this to me that unlike other masks, this didn't sting at all, or make my skin feel dry, it went on completely smoothly and had a cooling effect. I left this on for about 20 minutes, it recommends 10 minutes but I never follow instructions.


When I rinsed it off, it came off easily, sometimes you feel like you're scrubbing away at your skin trying to get a mask off which just ends up aggravating your skin rather than calming it. My skin felt smooth and clean, the mask contains aloe, lavender essential oils and wheat proteins which help leave skin smooth and radiant.I can't say after one use that it has helped with blackheads but my skin does look brighter. I think I will continue using this just to see the effects and whether it lives up to its claims.

When you purchase the sachet size, you actually receive two sachets and I would say there is enough for a couple of applications from each. Apivita make a vast range of face masks, so even if you don't have combination skin, one of the others may suit you. 

In the UK, you can pick up Apivita Express Beauty Green Clay Mask from M&S for £3 for the sachets or a 40ml tube for £13. If your store doesn't have a Beauty Hall, you can order it for free delivery to your local store and pick it up.

In the USA, you can pick up 12 sachets for $30 from Sephora  

Have you tried any Apivita products? What would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...