Pages

Thursday 17 October 2013

Review: L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3-in-1 Micellar Solution

Hello lovelies,

I was in two minds whether to review this, as everyone and their dog has tried it and there has been so many reviews of it flying around. But I thought I'd add my tuppence for what it's worth, L'Oreal Micellar Solution is the very first micellar water that I've tried, I've been toying with the idea of buying Bioderma to do a comparison. Let me know if you beauties are interested in that!

In case you've completely missed the bandwagon. a micellar solution is simply a very light fluid which feels like water but is designed to effectively dissolve makeup, unclog pores and tone without causing any irritation. Unlike other makeup removers, a micellar solution is non-greasy and removes makeup rather than moving it around your face. Supposedly your skin should feel soft, moisturised and toned after using it but is that really the case?

I think I picked this up in Superdrug on an introductory offer, and at the time, it was causing quite a stir in the beauty world as it's considerably cheaper than Bioderma and easier to get hold of. I tend to use this as a pre-cleanse, I squirt a bit onto a cotton wool pad and sweep it over my face. It does a good job at removing and dissolving the face makeup but when it comes to eyes, I'm sorry to say it let me down. I found it left residue and although I do wear waterproof eyeliner, this is designed to be 3-in-1 and I shouldn't have to use another product. Saying that, I always cleanse, tone and moisturise after using the micellar water, so it's not really a biggy for me, maybe I'm just too picky?


The micellar solution doesn't have much of a scent (well to me anyway), but that makes sense as it's marketed as being suitable for sensitive skin, which is always an added bonus. My skin always feels clean after using this but I can't help finding it slightly drying. My only other niggle is the top, I find you end up squirting it all over as the hole is just too big...I'm getting into dodgy territory, so moving on... 

I suppose my review is a mixed bag, I'd recommend it to someone who is looking for a quick and easy makeup remover or something to pre-cleanse with but personally, I wouldn't use it on it's own. That's just my personal preference.

You can find the L'Oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution in Boots and Superdrug for £4.99, and both stores currently have offers - 3 for 2 and £3.32 respectively, which is great for anyone who wants to stock up.

 Have you tried L'Oreal's answer to micellar water?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...