Pages

Saturday 20 July 2013

Review: The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF 15

Hello lovelies,

OMG! How amazing is this weather!

So the sun has decided to grace us with its presence and for the first time this year, I've felt like I needed to crack out the SPF moisturiser. Now I'm not going to bleat on about the importance of wearing sun cream because we all know it and yes, I forget sometimes too and end up looking like a lobster. Bad me.


So as I slap on some moisturiser every morning, I thought I could incorporate sun protection and moisturiser into one. I know I should be using a higher SPF in the sunshine and I do if I know I'm going to be outdoors during the day but I just use this for everyday standard use.

I picked this up a while ago and never got round to using it. It claims to be "An easily absorbed non-clogging, oil-free, hydrating and cooling moisture lotion with a sun protection factor of 15. Innovative technology controls excess sebum and shine while delivering essential moisture to areas most in need."


I found this to be quite light and easily absorbed. With SPF moisturisers, I find that they can take longer to sink in and I like them to be quick as I put my makeup or a primer on straightaway after. I find some SPF products can leave a white residue on the face but this is easily absorbed and perfect for applying makeup on top.


I tend to pick lotions over creams for my skin as they can be too heavy. This is exactly as I would wish for oily skin, it's light and helps to keep the oil at bay. I've been using it for a while and yes, I still get the odd breakout but I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin's appearance. 

Fragrance wise, it doesn't have the typical seaweed scent and tends to lean closer to a sunscreen scent. This doesn't bother me as it only lasts a matter of minutes. I wouldn't say it's a favourite but if you're looking for something that mattifys and has a SPF, this is a purse friendly option.

What's your favourite SPF moisturiser?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...