Monday, 31 August 2015

Empties #3

Ah, the end of August is upon us and with it the end of all hope of summer... it has been a particularly poor show this year England. The only bit of sunshine I've seen was back in June over in Bulgaria. This morning I woke up to grey skies and that annoying drizzle, either chuck it down or stop. August hasn't been too bad and I even managed to finish a few beauty products that are now destined for the bin!

A bunch of rubbish is never going to photograph beautifully!

Ingredients Sicilian Lime & Bergamot Body Butter 
I really enjoyed using this body butter; it had a lovely refreshing fresh scent, absorbed nicely and left my skin feeling soft. 
Verdict - Unfortunately this is really old and M&S don't even make the line anymore. I tend to use The Body Shop's butters these days, if it were still available and I was in need of a new body butter, I wouldn't bypass it. 

I used to love this foundation and reached for it on a daily basis. But you know the blogging world is fickle and when new products came out, this got cast aside. This foundation has great coverage, a matte finish and I found that I only needed to powder a couple of times a day when using this. 
Verdict - I might buy again, at the moment I'm in love with my Maybelline foundation and can't see anything replacing it for a long time. It's a reasonably priced product and ideal for anyone who is just venturing into makeup, 

As they say the proof is in the pudding and I did a full review across here. This illuminates my eye bags and makes me look vaguely alive first thing in the morning.
Verdict - This is a regular in my makeup bag, I would buy it again. Although when it runs out, there's a couple of other concealers I want to try out.

Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner - normally £3.29, currently on offer for £1.64
I'm not fussy when it comes to toners, I tend to pick a toner that's alcohol free otherwise they can dry out my skin. This does exactly what it says on the bottle; it freshens, cleanses and soothes without being harsh.
Verdict - I have bought again and have a couple of back up bottles in my stash.

For anyone who has ever struggled with liquid eyeliner, this is really easy to apply. It's an intense black and lasts all day without fading or smudging. It dries instantly but is equally easy to remove at the end of the day.
Verdict - Whilst I do really like this product and it's very affordable, the L'Oreal eyeliners are currently finding their way into my makeup bag. If you're looking for an affordable good quality eyeliner then I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up. 

What products did you use up this summer? Anything that wowed you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...