Sunday, 1 June 2014

Review: The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Hello lovelies, 


I'm not one for cleansing balms normally, I find them too rich for my skin and all too often they leave a greasy film that then needs removing. During a 50% off sale, I decided to snap up the Camomile Cleansing Butter, despite Caroline Hirons warnings of it being a no-go for oily/combination skin. Removing my makeup at the end of the day is one of my favourite things to do... slight exaggeration but I do love getting home and getting it all off. Although my skin is predominately combination, I've been finding of late that my skin has been really dehydrated, probably due to too many holidays basking in the sunshine.

I've been using this on and off for the last few months, and as you can see from the pictures a little really goes a long way. It dissolves everything from heavy duty foundation to waterproof mascara with ease minus irritation. I use a pea size amount massaged into my face and then I wash it off with a clean hot flannel. As previously mentioned I used to avoid balm cleansers like the plague as they broke me out, but I find as long as I remove all the residue and tone afterwards, my skin loves it. I honestly don't really notice the camomile fragrance which I'm not a great fan of so it suits me. 


The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter has been compared to the Emma Hardie equivalent, which I haven't tried but I believe they all work in the same manner, it's just a difference in ingredients and the Body Shop's works out at a fraction of the price. 


1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this since everyone raves about this all the time and it's time that I tried a balm cleanser!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...