Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Review: Bioderma Solution Micellaire

Hello lovelies,


Living in France, it would be a sin not to do a post on the infamous Bioderma Micellar Water. If you're not familiar with micellar waters, I see them as a one step makeup remover/cleanser that doesn't need washing off/removing. Bioderma is adored and labelled by many as their "holy grail" product for removing makeup.

The Bioderma Micellar Water is available in the UK in three variants - Hydrabio H20 for skin sensitivity and dehydration, Sebium H20 for combination/oily skin and Sensibo H20 for sensitive normal/dry skin. All are alcohol and fragrance free. I currently use the Sensibio version, which is available in three sizes - 100ml, 250ml and 500ml. 

Many have raved about how easily it removes eye makeup in one swipe, and a general agreement being that it is extremely gentle on the eyes as well as leaving minimal residue, which is great as Bioderma claims there is no need to rinse after cleansing. Having said that, I did come across a couple of reviews before I purchased it where people were disappointed with how well the micellar water removed waterproof eye makeup but Bioderma states it only removes "water-resistant" makeup... not that anyone knows what that is! I kept this in mind when I removed my eye makeup, and yes it does remove it but not in one swipe and I find that I'm still left with residue, I prefer to use a specific eye makeup remover. One thing I can say is that the solution is gentle and cooling on the skin which I found excellent to use on my eyes - just what they need after a long day!

However, not all is lost and I did buy this specifically to use as a pre-cleanser/ I can't be bothered to take off my makeup and I know face wipes are really bad, so I'll use this instead.  My skin hasn't been great recently and my cheek never ever breaksout but I found after using this, my skin was improved greatly, I feel that this just helps to clean my face properly and gets rid of all the dirt and grime. Despite not being able to remove waterproof makeup, which I only wear on the beach so not actually a huge deal for me, Bioderma Micellar Solution works wonderfully at removing light to moderate makeup. 

This is definitely a staple in my skincare routine whilst I'm in France but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it when I'm back home, I've tried the L'Oreal Micellar Water and it works similarly at a fraction of the price. 

Bioderma Micellar Solution is available from Escentual, 100ml for £4.50, 250ml for £9.99 and 500ml for £14.50

What do you think of the Bioderma H20?

Holly x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...