Saturday, 8 February 2014

Monthly Favourites / January

Hello lovelies,


I hope you're all having a great weekend so far? I can't believe we're already a quarter of the way through February already - where has the last month gone? It only seems like five minutes ago we were all getting ready for Christmas. However, I have to say I'm quite relieved January is over, it's never a great month for me, I've had exams for as long as I can remember, it's cold, wet and dismal, and I always get ill. The only good thing to come out of January was getting to try some new beauty goodies that I got for Christmas and picked up in the sales. I feel like the majority of products that I've tried lately have been impressive, so it was prety tough trying to narrow down this months favourites. There's a mixture of haircare, skincare and makeup...


I bought this when I was on a weekend away in Toulouse, I managed to leave my Nuxe holy-grail balm at home and my lips were a state. I needed a quick fix and I spotted this in the pharmacy for about £1.50 so picked it up. The Avène Cold Cream is perfect for dry, chapped lips, it has a creamy consistency that your lips drink up.


As someone who is hugely fussy when it comes to hand cream, this gets the seal of approval. I received this for Christmas in a little set alongside the Rose Lip Balm which I'm yet to try out yet. I have to say I never realised that Lanolips made hand balms and would normally flit between L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Creams and Soap & Glory's Hand Food. I prefer to use this in the evening as texture wise it's quite thick yet lacks the buttery consistency of a lotion. It doesn't sink in immediately, which is my bugbear but I can cope with that, as it's intensely moisturising.


I used to never bother with my brows but I've realised how important a brow can be - they frame the face. I just don't feel polished and ready to go if I haven't done my brows and this little kit is a godsend. You can see just how well loved it is. The kit contains 3 shades suiting blondes to brunettes and a finishing wax to hold the brows in place and makes doing my brows a quick and easy job.


I bought this on a whim as my hair needed a bit of TLC. I use this once a week before shampooing, I smear a couple of drops through my hair about 10 minutes before jumping in the shower. On application, your hair feels greasy and lanky, like you've just poured oil into your hair. After washing it out, I was seriously impressed. My hair felt softer and sleeker, and it defintely had more shine. My hair can get weighed down but this just made it so much more easier to tame. It's not cheap but you're only using a couple of drops at a time and I can see the bottle lasting forever!

What products have you been loving this month?

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!
I read every single one and will reply, so just bare with me! :)
Love Holly xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...